According to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
(USCCB) evangelization is the primary mission of the church. Evangelizing means
bringing the Good News of Jesus into every human situation. We describe
evangelization like this - "one beggar telling another beggar where to find the
These are some suggestions of how you can evangelize:
- Make the sign of the cross when dining out.
- Share how a scripture reading or homily has touched you.
- Be gracious in the parking lot.
- Tell someone who is burdened you will pray for them.
Our Parish Evangelization team's responsibility is to perform activities while encouraging all parishioners to get involved. Many parishioners have responded and helped with projects. Some of the things we are:
- Semi annual door to door visitation.
- Distribute Catholic periodicals in doctors' offices, and on buses and trains.
- Follow up calls to new parishioners.
- Distribute flowers at Christmas and Easter to our parishioners who are in nursing homes.
- Outreach to single Moms and children through parish collection of baby items.
- Decorate the church at Pentecost with ribbons, encourage wearing red and distribute small bows and ribbons to parishioners before Mass.
- Place Parish Mass Schedule in all local motels/hotels.
- Distribute Christmas Buttons throughout Advent until Christmas.
- Attend monthly meetings and pray for the success of our evangelization efforts.
- Pray the Rosary at The Arbors at Buck Run in Feasterville for residents of supportive living and Alzheimer’s care.
- Extraordinary Minsters visit our homebound parishioners and give them a special prayer card to pray for Evangelization daily.
It is an enriching experience and we encounter wonderful people. We laugh a lot and would enjoy your company and laughter.
We need more of our parishioners to evangelize with us. The time commitment is totally up to you.
Call the rectory, 215-357-1221 or Anne and Bob King at 215-942-9895 for information or to attend one of our meetings.